I got this great Doll Bed from the IKEA as is section for my daughter, its called DUKTIG. It was cute birch but I much prefer a white one so a quick redo was in order.
Its originally $24.99 CAD but I believe i got it for $15. It had a few extra screws in it from being on display.
So I got out some trusty wood filler and patched them up and sanded them.
I gave it a good coat of regular latex primer I had from doing renovations around the house.
I then used some Benjamin Moore Advance I had around. I have not used it much and wanted to test the performance of the paint. SO far so good! Its kinda overkill for a doll bed but what the heck!
I then stitched up a mattress cover for a pillow that perfectly fit the bed size. I used some extra fabric for a quilt that I am making for baby girl, more on that when I finish it! I cut the fabric 1″ wider than the pillow and 6″ longer, I hemmed both ends by folding over 1″ I then had 4″ of over lap for the opening.Posted in diy, furniture, kids, paint, sewing